Egg-in-a-Hole with Salsa and Feta Cheese
Fun to say and fun to eat, this egg dish can be served for breakfast, lunch or even a quick dinner.
- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 4 bread slices
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) butter
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) Tostitos® Medium Salsa
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) crumbled feta cheese
Using 3-inch (8 cm) round cutter, cut out circle from centre of each bread slice; reserve centres.
In large, nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; cook bread slices until lightly toasted, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and crack 1 egg into hole of each bread slice.
Season eggs with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness, approximately 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to plates.
Toast reserved bread pieces for 1 minute per side or until golden brown. Top eggs with salsa and feta cheese. Serve with toasted bread rounds.
• Substitute feta cheese with goat cheese.
• Try preparing this recipe with whole wheat, white or egg bread.