- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 8 min
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) each salt and pepper (approx.)
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) olive oil
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) lime juice
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 16 slices cucumber
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) sprouts
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, toasted
Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. In non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are creamy and softly set, approximately 5 minutes.
Toss together avocado, lime juice, and pinch each of the salt and pepper. Layer lettuce, avocado, cucumber, scrambled eggs and sprouts over bottom halves of English muffins. Cap with top halves of muffins.
Alfalfa sprouts are widely known, but try others, such as hemp, radish, or pea sprouts.
Add a drizzle of your favourite hot sauce for a little spice to your morning sandwich.