Spinach, Feta & Red Pepper Wraps
This makes a great grab-and-go breakfast or after-school snack.
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 2 whole wheat flour tortillas (7 inch/18 cm), warmed
- 3 eggs
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) each salt and pepper
- Pinch chili powder
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) finely chopped onion
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) crumbled feta cheese
Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and chili powder; set aside. In 8-inch (20 cm) nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; sauté garlic, red pepper and onion for 2 minutes. Add spinach; sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or just until wilted.
Add remaining oil to skillet and pour in egg mixture. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until egg mixture starts to set around the edges. Flip over and cook until fully set.
Divide omelette in half. Wrap half of the omelette and half of the cheese in each tortilla.
Tip: Kick it up by drizzling the omelette with chili garlic paste or Sriracha hot sauce before wrapping in tortilla.