- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 6 cups ( 1.5 L ) prepared torn kale (bagged)
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) cooked quinoa
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) chopped roasted red peppers
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 6 tbsp ( 90 mL ) olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp ( 45 mL ) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) milk or cream
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) salted butter
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) chopped fresh chives
In a large bowl, toss together kale, quinoa, tomatoes, red peppers, feta cheese, and avocado.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and Dijon. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss until combined.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until transparent (about 3 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add egg mixture and stir. Cook egg mixture, stirring gently, until set (about 3 minutes).
Divide salad between 4 bowls. Top with equal amounts of scrambled egg. Sprinkle with chives.
Portion any leftovers into reusable containers. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate for a grab-and-go lunch the next day.