- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced into rounds (total 12-16 pieces)
- ½ lb ( 0.3 kg ) fresh Mozzarella, sliced ¼” thick
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced ¼” thick
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) garam masala, to garnish
- 1/8 tsp ( 0.5 mL ) chili powder, to garnish (optional)
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) basil leaves, to garnish
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) cilantro leaves, to garnish
- salt, to taste
Olive Oil Cilantro-Basil Pesto
- 3/2 cup ( 375 mL ) prepared pesto
- ¾ tsp ( 4 mL ) curry powder
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) chili powder (optional)
In a small bowl, mix together pesto with curry powder and chili powder. Set aside.
On a platter, arrange egg slices in the centre. Arrange mozzarella slices and tomatoes around the eggs, alternating between the two to create a decorative pattern.
Add a sprinkle of garam masala and chili powder. Drizzle on Olive Oil Cilantro-Basil Pesto and garnish with basil and cilantro leaves. Sprinkle on sea salt, to taste. Serve chilled.
Follow this simple recipe below, to make your own Cilantro-Basil Pesto at home: 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped, 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped, 1/8 cup pine nuts or walnuts or sunflower seeds, 3/4 tsp curry powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 garlic clove, peeled, 1 green chili (optional). Simply combine all ingredients in a food processor into a smooth paste.