This salad is a meal in itself. Hailing from Nice, France, salad niçoise is traditionally made with olives, tuna, and hard boiled eggs. Enjoy this protein-rich salad with the addition of roasted red peppers, green beans, and red potatoes drizzled with a simple lemon and Dijon vinaigrette.
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- 4 cups ( 1 L ) mesclun or mixed salad greens
- 2 small red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) cooked green beans
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) roasted red peppers, well-drained and cut into strips
- 1 can (170 g) water packed tuna, drained and broken
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) sliced and pitted black olives
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) lemon juice
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) Dijon mustard
- Pinch pepper
Divide mesclun between two plates. Top mesclun with an equal amount of potatoes, green beans, eggs, red peppers, tuna and olives.
Cover and chill until serving time, or serve immediately with dressing.
Whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard and pepper in small bowl or cup. Drizzle dressing over salad.