- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) canola oil
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) finely diced chorizo (1/6th of a 63 g chorizo link)
- 4 cups ( 1 L ) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into half-inch pieces
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) cumin
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) coriander
- 6 eggs
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) fresh parsley
Pour canola oil into a large non-stick pan. Cook onions, garlic, red pepper, chorizo sausage, sweet potatoes, cumin and coriander over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
Cover and continue to cook until potatoes are tender. Add a small amount (2 tbsp) of water if needed.
Make 6 small indentations in the potatoes and crack eggs into each opening. Cook uncovered over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Cover eggs and potatoes and continue to cook until eggs are set, about 15 to 20 minutes.
In the last two minutes of cooking and when the eggs are almost set, sprinkle with ground pepper and fresh parsley. Scoop and serve.
Leftover chorizo can be frozen.