- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) finely chopped smoked salmon
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) chopped fresh dill
- 4 tsp ( 20 mL ) capers, minced
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) Dijonnaise
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) pepper
- Strips of smoked salmon and/or dill sprigs (optional)
Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in medium bowl; set egg whites aside.
Mash yolks with fork; stir in salmon, mayonnaise, dill, capers, dijonnaise, lemon juice and pepper. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves. Garnish with smoked salmon and/or dill, if desired.
Serve immediately or store, covered, in refrigerator. Serve within two days.
Instead of smoked salmon, use drained canned salmon.