- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 25 min
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) olive oil
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) salt, divided
- 8 eggs
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) milk
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) finely chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) pepper
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) finely crumbled goat cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook zucchini, red pepper, onion, garlic and half of the salt for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Let cool to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease eight ½-cup (125 mL) ramekins. Whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, thyme, remaining salt and pepper until blended; fold in zucchini mixture and divide evenly among ramekins.
Sprinkle with goat cheese and top with halved cherry tomatoes. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until eggs are set. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Substitute feta for goat cheese if desired.
Substitute basil for thyme if desired.
Serve with a mixed green salad for brunch or lunch.