Eggs in a Pepper
Prepare a fun, quick and colourful breakfast any morning of the week that the whole family will love.
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 7 min
- 1 large sweet pepper, red, green or yellow
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) canola oil
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) each salt and pepper
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 4 tsp ( 20 mL ) butter, softened
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) salsa
Cut top and bottom off pepper; set aside. Cut the inner tube into four ½-inch rings; reserve excess pepper for another use. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add pepper rings and crack an egg in centre of each ring. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until top of yolks is set.
Meanwhile, toast bread until golden and brush with butter. Cut each slice into 5 fingers. Serve eggs with toast soldiers and salsa.