Chilaquiles (Breakfast Nachos)
These tasty and nutritious breakfast nachos are a delicious way to start any day.
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- 2 eggs, fried
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) olive oil
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) mild taco sauce
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) corn tortilla chips
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) diced red onion
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 lime wedges (optional)
Heat olive oil in skillet set over medium heat; add taco sauce and bring to simmer. Gently stir in tortilla chips; simmer for about 3 minutes or until chips are tender.
Divide tortilla chip mixture between 2 plates. Top with tomatoes, fried eggs, cheese, red onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges (if using).
• Use unsalted or lightly salted corn tortilla chips for the best flavour.
• Garnish with pickled or fresh slices of jalapeño peppers for extra spice.