- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 6 cups ( 1.5 L ) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) quinoa
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) grated Parmesan cheese
Pour broth into large saucepan set over high heat; bring to boil. Add quinoa and cook until barely tender, about 7 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk eggs with lemon juice until frothy. Ladle about 1 cup (250 mL) hot broth into egg mixture. Whisk mixture back into simmering saucepan.
Cook, stirring, until soup is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish each serving with parsley and Parmesan.
Tip: Substitute quinoa for orzo or rice.