- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- 4 1/3 lb ( 2 kg ) ground pork
- 4 tsp ( 20 mL ) salt
- Half pinch pepper
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) fresh sage
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) fresh thyme
- Half pinch fresh rosemary
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) bread crumbs
- 4 tsp ( 20 mL ) brown sugar
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne
- 8 soft boiled eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) white wine vinegar
- Large pinch salt
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) confit garlic*
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) grape seed and garlic oil
- 2 heads garlic, with all cloves peeled
- 4/5 cup ( 200 mL ) olive oil
For the breakfast sausage
Set deep fryer to 370°F (188°C)
Place everything, with the exception of the eggs, in a mixing bowl and kneed like bread for 1 minute until it sticks together and everything is well incorporated.
Portion out into 3-4 ounce (85 to 133 g) sections to wrap eggs in.
Place sausage between two pieces of saran-wrap and roll-out to ½ cm thick. Remove top layer of saran and place an egg in the middle of the sausage. Wrap sausage around the egg and tighten with the saran still attached. Twist the bottom until the sausage is tight around the egg. Place into fridge and let set for 10 minutes.
Unwrap the egg and deep fry for 3 minutes to cook the sausage. Remove, let cool for 2 minutes and cut in half gently. Serve with a drizzle of garlic aioli.
For the garlic aioli
Place all of the ingredients in a food processor, with the exception of oil and turn on. Slowly drizzle the oil into the food processor in a thin stream. Let this final mixture sit in the fridge to cool.
For the confit garlic
In a pan, cover garlic cloves with oil, turn on very low heat for 30-40 minutes or until the garlic is very soft.
Special Equipment: Deep Fryer