Easy Spinach And Bacon Fried Rice
This twist on a traditional fried rice brings bacon and eggs to the forefront and highlights that eggs are for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 2 fried eggs
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 cups ( 375 mL ) white rice, cooked
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) sesame oil
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) canola oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp ( 25 mL ) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) rice vinegar
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) green onion, thinly sliced
In a large nonstick sauté pan on medium heat, cook the bacon until it starts to get crispy. Add in the garlic and ginger and continue cooking for one minute.
Add the canola oil to the pan and then add in the cooked rice. Allow for the rice to get browned, stirring every so often.
Once the rice is browned, add in the soy sauce and rice vinegar.
Stir in the spinach until wilted and drizzle with sesame oil.
Remove from the pan and separate the fried rice into two dishes. Top each dish with a fried egg and sprinkle with green onions.