- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 13 min
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) beet juice (see below)
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) white vinegar
- ⅓ tbsp ( 5 mL ) water
- 3 tsp ( 15 mL ) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) pickling spice
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
Combine beet juice, vinegar, water, sugar, pickling spice, salt and onion in medium saucepan.
Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until sugar dissolves; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and let cool for 15 minutes, then strain and discard pickling spice and onions.
Place eggs in 4-cup (1 L) glass jar with lid. Pour beet juice mixture over eggs. Cover jar and place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 3 days before serving.
Juice from a can (14 oz/398 mL) of beets will yield 3/4 cup (175 mL) beet juice.